Thursday 14 January 2016

My Edit - The Finished Products

Here are my two finished edits:


I like the way the first one turned out. I think I successfully created a sinister atmosphere, giving the intended meaning of this scene. If I were to do this again, when filming I would try and get shots with less people at the start, to introduce the idea of this character being isolated. I would also film at a different time of day, as the white sky doesn't help as most of the footage looks bright and white, which makes the scene seem less sinister as it is taking place in broad daylight. However, I am happy with the edit I created with what I had. If I had more time, I would also make more cuts towards the end, to build up tension even more, especially right at the end of the scene.



I'm also happy with how the second edit turned out. I think for what footage I had, I did well with. If I was going to film it again, I would shoot some longer, still shots as it was hard to edit the film to focus on the setting when the camera was moving because of me walking. The times I did stand still to film, I moved on too quickly, meaning some of my shots in this edit are too short to exactly fit to the music, making it flow less. The sort of scene I filmed here is mainly establishing shots, and is something that would be used at the start of the film to establish the time period and location. This means that there isn't much emotional reaction that can be had by an audience by this scene, especially as there are no present characters. Next time, I would introduce a character and show their reaction to this place in order to gain a greater response from an audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment