Tuesday 17 November 2015

Being an Editor on Saturday

With my group scheduled to film on Saturday, the skill I want to develop in my role as editor is to be organised and focused, and to build my confidence in collaborating with others in order to make our film what we want it to be.
As I have filmed a short film before, I know a bit about the problems that can arise when filming, especially time constraints, so I want to make sure my group is always focused so we are able to get all the shots for the edit next week in the time we have.
The producer's role in the film is to manage the cast and crew of the project, so in a way the skill I want to develop links into this, but my focus will more be on obtaining the footage we want and need, and to make sure we continue with the same vision for our film, maintaining our aims of creating tension and creating a cliffhanger at the end of the film.
I look forward to filming on Saturday, and helping with the filmmaking before coming to edit next week.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Isy

    This is a good contribution to your Arts Leadership (Unit 2). Remember that anything to do with your practical 'challenge', for example your research on editing, what you've learnt etc. fits into Unit 1, whereas your role in the group is Unit 2. This might be a bit confusing as you're looking at editing for both, so make sure you keep each part separate.

    Other than that, everything looks great and is really well presented.

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete